Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Review: One Second

One Second One Second by Dannika Dark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh man.. I am about to say something that a lot of people are going to disagree with me about.. I do not like Lexi..in fact she is my least favorite female from the series. I have never liked her and when I heard that this story was going to be told in her and Austin's POV I was a little disappointed and that's why it took me so long to listen to it... but it wasn't so bad.

The story itself took away from her annoyingly insecure and dramatic personality. A lot of the book is them preparing for an attack by rouge shifters and then the attack itself.. and thats really about it. Well and Lexi bitching about being pregnant.. like a lot .

I honestly think the best part was Lakota being there and an awesome male. No I'm kidding the best part of the book is April. (view spoiler)

There is defiantly closure for all the characters so thats always good..

I do not like sappy. It's why I can't read a whole lot of contemporary romances because they usually end up being cheesy. This book was defiantly pretty sappy. Which I guess you would expect from a final book in a series but Lexi has always been super emotional.. its another reason why I don't really like her. I like the humor the rest of the characters bring. Honestly if it wasn't for the other characters I would have stopped listening.

Don't get me wrong. I did enjoy the book. I am 100% glad I finally got around to listening to it. I was just a tad disappointed by it I guess.

Wheeler and Naya will forever be my favorite. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment