Sunday, August 21, 2016

Review: Demon's Captive

Demon's Captive Demon's Captive by Stephanie Snow
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book was recommended to me forever ago. I can't even remember by who but it actually came up on my kindle so I got it and I couldn't put it down. Not necessarily because it was a fantastic book but because I wanted to figure it out. I am not a huge BDSM fan. The thought of pain does absolutely nothing for me. So I go back and forth on this book. He rapes her repeatedly. In ways that make her bleed and she gets off on it.. I think that would be the worst thing to have your body betray you. Anyways, he starts to some how get feelings and I guess she does too? I'm still a little confused. I don't remember them actually ever talking. We heard all of their inner thoughts but I don't remember them ever having a conversation. Usually in darker romance books, the captor will talk to his captive and learn a little bit about them and vise versa and they slowly like each other. Or something like that but this one.. idk. He gets really jealous at one point and beats the shit out of her and then a few days later bonds with her.. So I just don't get it. And toward the end, all his inner thoughts were about how he wanted to dominate her (after the bonding he tried to be less aggressive during sex) and that was never resolved.

I feel like I wanted to like the book but I just didn't understand how the relationship progressed. I know insta love and all that crap but this wasn't like that. He fully intended to kill her after he raped her so it wasn't insta love. I mean I read the book in one sitting so it wasn't terrible, I just don't see how the relationship turned into love or anything more than master and slave.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment