Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Review: A Little Band of Red

A Little Band of Red A Little Band of Red by Lily Freeman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had kind of a love/hate relationship with this book. On one hand parts of it were hot and I enjoyed the characters and on the other hand I wanted to punch both the MCs for doing/allowing her to be hurt. Im so not into the hardcore pain.

I enjoy BDSM books. Okay, let me rephrase that. I enjoy light BDSM books. Tie her up, spank her, nipple clamp her, yank her hair, flog her and I can even deal with canning. But I have a little bit of an issue when the hero wants to make the girl cry and leave marks of pain on her body. This is the first book that I have read where the hero was an actual sadist. I was okay with it when there was a little bit of pain and PJ just kind of dealt with it but I hated that Luke insisted that it's what she truly wanted. Bleh. I always have fixed feelings with submission. I'm the type of girl where if anyone tells me what I want, ill do the complete opposite. And I am SO NOT into pain. So i struggled with that in this book. There were times that I cringed in sympathy pains. Also there was a scene with hot chocolate and the whole time I thought god that would ruin chocolate for me. Pain does not equal yummy food.

The whole book I wanted her to leave Luke and hook up with Mika and Elliott.

What I really loved about the book was the characters. I liked see PJ kind of develop into her own person. We don't get a lot of info about her ex but we can tell that he was a douche and I liked seeing her overcome that and find a guy that more suited her.. Even though I'm not 100% convinced that Luke is her perfect guy but I LOVE him when he isn't pushing her too far. Although really she should have safe worded that shit.

I can not wait for the next book! I have to see what happens next!! I want to see if she actually is into all the pain or if she is just dealing with it for Luke. It's gonna be gooooood!

View all my reviews