Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Review: A Little Band of Red

A Little Band of Red A Little Band of Red by Lily Freeman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had kind of a love/hate relationship with this book. On one hand parts of it were hot and I enjoyed the characters and on the other hand I wanted to punch both the MCs for doing/allowing her to be hurt. Im so not into the hardcore pain.

I enjoy BDSM books. Okay, let me rephrase that. I enjoy light BDSM books. Tie her up, spank her, nipple clamp her, yank her hair, flog her and I can even deal with canning. But I have a little bit of an issue when the hero wants to make the girl cry and leave marks of pain on her body. This is the first book that I have read where the hero was an actual sadist. I was okay with it when there was a little bit of pain and PJ just kind of dealt with it but I hated that Luke insisted that it's what she truly wanted. Bleh. I always have fixed feelings with submission. I'm the type of girl where if anyone tells me what I want, ill do the complete opposite. And I am SO NOT into pain. So i struggled with that in this book. There were times that I cringed in sympathy pains. Also there was a scene with hot chocolate and the whole time I thought god that would ruin chocolate for me. Pain does not equal yummy food.

The whole book I wanted her to leave Luke and hook up with Mika and Elliott.

What I really loved about the book was the characters. I liked see PJ kind of develop into her own person. We don't get a lot of info about her ex but we can tell that he was a douche and I liked seeing her overcome that and find a guy that more suited her.. Even though I'm not 100% convinced that Luke is her perfect guy but I LOVE him when he isn't pushing her too far. Although really she should have safe worded that shit.

I can not wait for the next book! I have to see what happens next!! I want to see if she actually is into all the pain or if she is just dealing with it for Luke. It's gonna be gooooood!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment