Saturday, August 27, 2016

Review: An Offer From a Gentleman

An Offer From a Gentleman An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

***Mild spoilers***

I wanted to like this book more than I did. I like Cinderella stories but this one just didn't work for me.

Sophia is a bastard daughter of an Earl who dies. She has an evil step mother and step sisters. She sneaks off one night to go to a ball held at the Bridgerton's home and thats where she meets Benedict. He claims he feels when she walks in the room and it is a soul deep feeling. They spend sometime talking and he teaches her how to dance and when the clock strikes midnight Sophia runs away but not before Benedict gets her glove. So yes, it's pretty much exactly like Cinderella. I was okay with that part.

Benedict tries to find her but can't. A couple of years go by and he finds her in the middle of a bad situation and he saves her and takes her to work for his mother. He doesn't recognize her. She of course knows who he is but she says nothing. He wants her to be his mistress. He can't marry her because she is so far beneath him but he still wants her in his life and in his bed.

My problem with this book is that they spend so much time together and she never says a word and he never realizes its the girl from the ball. He even takes her v-card without them every talking about it. It just annoys me that everything could have been resolved with one freaking conversation. That always annoys me in books. Also my god the ending was so unbelievably corny. I wanted to throw my kindle away it was so cheesy. I have to find historical romance books with out the cheese. The first 2 books from this series weren't cheesy but this one was full of the cheese.

Also I read the epilogue thing and I wish I didn't. I know who Colin ends up with and I know how they act together. I think that kind of ruins the next book for me. Im not quite sure why that was added in there.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment