Monday, August 15, 2016

Review: Tempt Me at Twilight

Tempt Me at Twilight Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I thought Poppy was going to be extremely boring, but she really wasn't. She, like the rest of the Hathaway sisters, is different than most of the society ladies. She enjoys talking politics and has opinions on ancient artifacts. She is completely interesting and I liked learning about her. She is nothing like I thought she was going to be. Harry... yeah Harry... well I did not like him. He was a manipulative bastard. I don't care what kind of childhood you had, it doesn't give you the right to change someone else life to suit your own needs. Honestly I can't believe Poppy agreed to marry him after what he did. She kind of stood her ground after they got married but I feel like she gave in way too quickly when she found out about his childhood. I kind of lost some respect for her. I would not be able to trust him ever. No matter how sweet he started being.

I also got bored with the book at about 80%. After they finally sleep together, they become annoyingly mushy and I hate that. I wanted to skip so much of the last part of the book. I wanted to like the book more than I did. I loved Poppy until I didn't and I hated Harry from the start. To me characters are everything in a book so when I don't like one or both it ruins it for me.

Not gonna lie, I am so excited for the next book. LEO! Finally!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment