Saturday, August 20, 2016

Review: Love In The Afternoon

Love In The Afternoon Love In The Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am really sad that this series is over. I have enjoyed each and every Hathaway. I love their family. I love how open they are with each other and I love how they fight. I am going to miss them terribly.

Beatrix has always been one of my favorites. I love animals (not anywhere near as much as she does) but I have always felt a connection with her. Not just because of the animals but because everyone thinks she's odd, more odd than the rest of her family. I love the way she reacts to others and I just lover her attitude toward life and the english society.

When I read the summary for this book I got a little nervous. I really don't like books that are based on deceit and honestly thats how this one started out. Beatrix started writing to Captain Christopher Phelan because he had written to her friend and her friend how no intention of writing back. Beatrix felt bad, so she wrote to him and signed her friends name. That went on for months and she fell in love with him and he fell in love with her. So when he gets back home and realized that the friend wasn't the same girl who wrote those letters he felt like they had played a prank on him. And thats just not what a soldier needs when get comes back from war.

Anyways, it turns out good in the end. The letter writing didn't go on all that long and PHelan found out rather quickly that it was Beatrix that wrote to him and instead of being upset like I thought he would he loved her and married her.

There was of course problems and way more to the story but I honestly loved this book. There was a lot of interactions with the rest of the Hathaway tribe. I love seeing and hearing from them in each book. I do wish that there may have been a recap of all their lives, since it was the last book.. At least I think it is.. is there a spin off?? I don't know but I will find out. I will defiantly read more from Lisa Kleypas. She writes funny historical romances and thats the only kind I can read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment