Wednesday, September 16, 2015

All Broke Down by Cora Carmack

I do not like a bunch of 'feels' in my books.  Which is why I have been putting off this book for awhile.  I liked the first book and I like all of Cora Carmack's books but they tend to be on the emotional side.  But this one wasn't too bad.  Yes there was some momma drama and some early childhood drama but other than that it was just them being funny.  Plus Dylan and Silas are two of my favorite characters I've read in awhile.  I like that Dylan isn't too girly, I always love that about a character. The banter between the two was funny and I love that.  I love a romance that starts out as nothing more than a friendship.. even though it was obvious from the start that it was never about friendship.

One thing that I am glad didn't happen was after they stared their "friendship" or whatever you want to call it, Silas didn't go and screw a bunch of other girls.  That is a random thought I know but I recently read a book where this happened and I hated it.  I almost didn't want to finish the book because I then hated the male MC. So yay Cora for not make Silas into an asshole after he knows he has the hots for out girl Dylan. Thank you for that.

 I will read the next book.. not right away just because I can only because now I need something with a little more edge to it but eventually I will get it.

side note: Dylan high was hilarious.  Best part of the entire book. Could not stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment