Sunday, September 27, 2015

Broken Dove by Kristen Ashley

I liked this one.  Not as much as I liked the others but it was still pretty good. I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe it's because he has children with Maddie's twin. Maybe it's because I am putting myself in her shoes and I am a jealous little girl and I would have a very hard time knowing how much Apollo loved his wife.  And he was a jackwad to her at first.  He turned out to be a dreamy man thats for sure and the sex scenes were some of the best of the series but I am not sure I would have been able to get past some of the crap he put her through at first.

The thing I loved most about this book was that the four girls from the other world all got together and got to know each other.  I loved how they interacted and how they formed a bond that will last a life time because they know what they are going through.  I loved seeing the men together as well.  That really is what made the book great for me.  I wasn't a huge fan of Apollo and Maddie. I mean I think Maddie was amazing. It takes a freaking STRONG woman to go into a relationship knowing and seeing that a man loved as deeply as he did, so I guess it's not that I don't like them.  I just had a hard time putting myself in her shoes.  But the rest of the book I LOVED! because  I loved seeing the couples together!

No comments:

Post a Comment