Sunday, September 20, 2015

Heart Recaptured by Tillie Cole

I liked this book but not as much as the first one.  The first one I absolutely loved.  But Styx and his studder is the greatest thing of all time and no amount looks can beat that. So I knew Ky wasn't going to live up to Styx.

This one I had trouble reading though.  I can't explain why exactly.. Lilah. She just broke me.  Everything about her broke me.  I can't even comprehend how she sees herself and wanting to go back to that place.  Her life is absolutely tragic and I have no way of connecting to her at all.. on any level. I mean I understood why she felt she needed to get back to the order.. kind of. no see I don't.  I can't even comprehend that. That's why I liked the first book more because Mae wanted out.

And holy crap the abuse in this book is so much worse than it was in the first one.  Honestly I read a lot of darker romance books and this one was pretty rough.  If you can't stomach violence and rape then for real do not read it.

Flame and Maddie's story I think is going to scare me.. I'm going to read it because I have to know.. but I am a little nervous about him.  He seems to be just as off as the girls are. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment