Friday, March 18, 2016

Review: Kinked

Kinked Kinked by Thea Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This series is alway hit or miss with me. I either love the book or I hate it.. and this one I loved. I was a little worried at first, I was afraid that they were going to fight most of the book and that just would have been annoying. But they actually stop that really early on. They agree to have "hate sex" and pretty much after they realize that they are attracted to each other they start getting along. I liked the way the relationship evolved. Quinn actually turned out to be extremely sweet and even more surprisingly so did Aryal. I, like most other readers, was not a huge fan of Aryal. She was always bitchy but this book you learn a lot about her and I now kind of love her. And I really love Quinn. They fit extremely well together. They both needed to be in control and they were able to make compromises so that they both had it. They were rough with each other. Again I liked that because it fit both the characters. They were able to fight and then make up. There was a lot of BDSM type sex talk between them but really that was it.. they talked about it more than they actually did it. The love scenes were rougher.. but that's just because they both liked control. I have read a few reviews that complained about the BDSM.. It just didn't seem that way to me. But I thought Id throw that in here in case it's something that bothers people.

The actual story was kind of slow.. There was a lot of focus on the couple and them building a relationship. They were alone for most of the book. But I loved the couple so it wasn't terrible.. I just wanted it to get somewhere. And once it got to the end, I thought it went too fast. But overall I enjoyed the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment