Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Review: Lady Midnight

Lady Midnight Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Question: Why do all of Cassandra Clare's books have forbidden romances? Will couldn't have Tessa because of his curse. Jem couldn't stay with Tessa because of his sickness. Jace couldn't have Clary because they thought they were siblings. And now Julian can't have Emma because he is her parabatai. Not to mention all the side character romances. Like the hint of Mark and Cristina. Of course that can't happen because Mark was dating/in love with a fae and then Cristina was kissing her ex. I freaking hate that shit. Why? Seriously, why freaking do it. Just let the effing couple be together. Adding the forbidden love aspect does NOT make it more interesting. It makes me not want to read any more of the books. Because you know that there are 3 and that they won't get together until the last one. So I will hate the next book for sure. Just let the story be about fighting the demons with a little side bit of HAPPY romance.

This book was good. I loved how Cassandra Clare tied in the characters from her other books. Though I will admit that I teared up a little bit when Emma pointed out that Jem looked 26 while Tessa still looked 19. I can't explain why Will, Jem, and Tessa's story hit me so hard every time it's mentioned but it does. I loved that Jem and Tessa are involved in this book. Don't get me wrong. I just think that in the next couple books as he starts to age more that Im going to loose my mind.

It was also nice to see Clary, Jace, and Magnus. And to learn about what was going on in their lives. I didn't get attached to those characters but I still enjoyed learning more about them.

Honestly the only thing I didn't like about the book was the romance. The story was fantastic, the action fantastic, the whole plot was just fantastic. I loved all the characters. But the romance! I would rather there be none than have 2 people in love but can't do anything about it. And what Emma did at the end! UGH. I mean I get it.. But I HATE that it was in the book at all. I hate being frustrated by a book. I want to be happy when I read. I defiantly don't want to have anxiety. I tend to focus on the romances in books. So when they make me want to scream I really don't want to read anymore.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment