Monday, March 14, 2016

Review: Rock Chick Renegade

Rock Chick Renegade Rock Chick Renegade by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have some issues with this book.. so I'm probably going to rant.. just a bit.

It's hard for me to say exactly what bothered me so much about the book.  I wasn't a huge fan of Jules.  It's not that I hated her.. because I didn't. The way she was with "her kids" was incredible.  I loved that part of her. I just hated the whole vigilante thing. Going after freaking drug dealers with smoke bombs and slashing tires, REALLY?  And then there's Vance.  I was a little disappointed by him.  I loved him in the last book.. not so much in this one.  I put myself in Jules's shoes and it terrified me.  I like alpha males. I really do but Vance was overkill.  He was like a really hot stalker. The cameras ended up helping her out in the end.. so whatever to that.  But breaking into her house instead of knocking?.. just why? And the whole "Shut up Jules." thing.  Every time she tried to get a point across, but she was having trouble.. Vance just told her to shut up. Hell no! I would effing punch him in the face for that alone. If I had Thor right next to me and he told me shut up while I was talking, I would punch him in the face. (It would hurt him so bad he would cry like a little girl ;) I most defiantly would NOT let him kiss me. Oh but Jules just went with it. Another reason I had problems with her. All she did was tell him to not tell her to shut up... and then Vance responded by telling her to shut up. Another point taken away from Vance. GRRR.  I was just expecting more from him. Be an alpha.  Throw her over your shoulder and carry her to bed, I am totally on board with that.  But you have to let her speak her mind!!! Even if it is a bunch of nonsense.  (example: ROXIE AND HANK! aka perfection.  Roxie was a freaking loon.  She rambled soooo much about nothing. But did Hank tell her to shut up? NOPE! He just let her ramble and THEN he kissed her. I love Hank. Hank is the perfect alpha male.)

Also I hated the fact that Jules could have ZERO privacy.  Even the things that she told one of the girls got past around to every single person. The men gossip more than the women. I would want to be able to tell my man something and not worry about him gabbing to his co-workers.  It was just unattractive. Sometimes its funny but it wasn't funny in this one. I also think that for someone who wanted privacy and didn't want to tell the rock girls anything.. that she gave in way to easily.  I mean she called all of them to tell them that Vance wanted her to keep her toothbrush at his house.. I just wanted to yell "YOU ARE 27 YEARS OLD!!!!!!" I don't give a shit that she was a virgin and never had a bf.  She acted like a child a lot in the story.  I wish I had written some things that she said but I didn't and i've listened to another book since then.  But I just remember physically cringing at a lot of it.

Alight.  So the ending was really good and I DO like Vance and Jules together. (even though I think she had more of a connection with Luke but again whatever.) Like from an outside perspective.  I just made the mistake of putting myself in there.  I also really liked the story as a whole. Like I said I really hated the vigilante plot but I liked everything that was going on with Jules and the children.  And I REALLY loved everything that happened with Darius.  I can't wait to get to know him better.  So there was some great things that came out of this book.  I was just too annoyed to focus on them.

I also think I was just disappointed because I am so head over heels in love with Roxie and Hank.  I don't think there will be another couple that will beat them in my eyes.  They are perfect and I loved that book. So that may be a lot of the problem too.  Who the hell knows. It really could just be that I had to go to work at 3:30am, so I was just mad at the world.

Bring on Lucas Stark <3 Ava better be one hell of a woman.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment