Friday, March 4, 2016

The Vampire's Mail Order Bride by Kristen Painter

The Vampire's Mail Order Bride by Kristen Painter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I actually really enjoyed this book. I bought it on audible because it was on sale for 4 something so I thought why not. I wasn't expecting much from it.

To be honest I was kind of frustrated by the book for the first ehh 15-20% because the two main characters were hiding so much from each other. I really don't like books where there is a huge misunderstanding. I will usually put a book down if thats how the plot goes. What saved this one was the inner monologues and the fact that Delaney was going to tell Hugh who she really was the second day they knew each other. I am so freaking glad the whole book wasn't like that. The truth comes out pretty early on. So it wasn't so bad. After Delaney knows he's a vampire and after Hugh knows that she wasn't his 'real' bride, the book got soo good!

The chemistry with the characters was fantastic.. there was the whole insta love thing but it didn't bother me in this book. She's got the mob after her and all Hugh wants to do is keep her safe. So I totally get the whole insta love thing. Who wouldn't fall in love with a sexy vamp who wants her safe? I sure as hell would fall in love with him. And Delaney is also super lovable. She isn't anything he ever thought he would want. She's spunky and stands up for herself, and for Hugh.

All in all it was a great book. It was very sweet. I will defiantly be reading more from this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment