Thursday, March 17, 2016

Review: Obsidian

Obsidian Obsidian by Laurann Dohner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

*spoilers*

I am having a hard time rating this one. Seriously right when I finished the book I was like F that 2 stars. But from the time it took me to walk from my bedroom to my office I was like well it was really 4 stars. And then from the time I got my laptop up and GR up to write a review I was like ill do 3 stars, it's in the middle.

The reason I was going to give it 2 stars was because of the ending. I hated it. I understand why they had to send her away.. I mean I get it.. but at the same time I think it could have been handled better? Maybe. I don't know. All I know is I did not like it one bit. She gets back and he's a completely different person than the male she fell in love with. He's playing soccer for christ sake and he talks to every male that they walk past? He's obviously more sane.. But I kind of liked him better when he was all snarly. Does that make me weird? Why yes it does. Do I care? Nope. But the problem is that the ending just didn't seem finished. She gets back, he's sane and plays with his friends, they have sex, sign mate papers, The End. Um. No. I need to seem them together after she gets back for longer than half a chapter. A bad ending ruins books for me. I can't get past it. Even if the rest of the book was decent.

Besides the ending, I wasn't a huge fan of Allison. The whole kidnapping thing was so rash for a doctor. He wasn't in immediate danger of dying. So it just doesn't seem logical that a doctor(a very good,sane, shy doctor from what everyone keeps saying about her) ups and kidnaps a guy. It just doesn't fit!

Then there is Obsidian.. he's obviously crazy. But I kind of love that about him. The whole book, except the last chapter, he is possessive and honestly kind of mean. Allison digs that. I would dig that too. He just needed to be shown some love.

It was a good book. I just wish that there would have been an epilogue or another chapter of after she gets back to Obsidian. I would have liked to see more of the reunion. There really wasn't a reunion. It was just them having sex and signing papers. Literally. There was nothing else to it. I needed more... crap now I'm back on 2 stars just talking about the ending. GRRRR.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment