Saturday, March 12, 2016

Review: Rock Chick Redemption

Rock Chick Redemption Rock Chick Redemption by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I LOVE ROXIE. I need her in my life for real. I went into this book thinking I wouldn't like it because I really, really hated the last one.

Roxie is trying to get away from a crazy ex-boyfriend so she goes to Denver to see her Uncle Tex. Yes that Tex. The crazy guy that I just want to cuddle up with. Yeah so she goes to Fortnums and all the Rock Chicks are there and all the Guys... I hate the Hot Bunch nickname that they get. Anyways she walks in there and of course everyone makes a huge scene because Tex has family. But thats where she meets Hank aka Whiskey.

Roxie tries to stay away from Hank but he just doesn't listen to no. I know some people were annoyed by that but really thats what those Denver boys do. So it just didn't bother me. Hank and the gang help Roxie with her ex-boyfriend and the drug dealers that are after him. And the Rock Chicks take her in immediately. "I'm going to kill that motherfucker!" I'm pretty sure most of the gang, including her father, said this at one point about her ex. Why did I love this? I have no idea but I did. I love that everyone in these books bans together to help each other out.

It's really hard not to love Roxie.. I mean at least for me. I think a lot of it is her attitude toward life in general. She was kidnapped and beaten and tied to a freaking sink.. but she didn't break down.. at least not really, she was just determined. I like that she didn't go into hysterics. God knows I would have. I also like that she is a complete nut. She is a talker for sure. Sometimes it's hard to get her to shut up and its not like boring girl talk either. Its her funny ramblings. Its endearing and hilarious and Hank thinks it's cute. So yay him. I think if Roxie personality would have been different I would feel differently about this book. The Rock Chicks can bring on the funny but what made the book so amazing was that Roxie was kind of crazy.. but in a Tex kind of way. So it was a good crazy.

And then there is Roxie's parents. OMG they were absolutely hilarious. I can see how Roxie didn't think so but it's also obvious that being nutty just runs in the family. They came in and took over everything. I also think it was the time that I knew I was in love with Hank as well. Because he didn't mind her family! It amused him. Which I guess I should have known because of how he feels about Roxie and she is pretty much exactly her mother. So I guess it should have been obvious but whatever. Hank is a good guy and Roxie needed someone as domineering as him. It works because he is a good guy and wants to keep her safe.

This whole book was just funny. I laughed pretty much the whole time. I love the Rock Chick gang. I love the new additions. I love Roxie and Hank. I just LOVED this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment