Thursday, March 10, 2016

Review: Last Dragon Standing

Last Dragon Standing Last Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.. I wasn't a fan of Ragnar in the last book and I was dreading reading about Keita. Ragnar just seemed kind of boring. And Keita, dear lord, she came off as this bitchy, snobby dragon whore. Who did not care what so ever about other people.

Well... she still was those things but not at the same time.. It's hard to explain unless you read the book. I hated her for the first 40% of this book, but then you get a glimpse at the 'real' Keita and she is basically the same as Gwenvael. Everything is a show for her and most of the time she has reasons for doing the seemingly selfish things that she does. I mean sometimes she was just being selfish but who doesn't do that. So my opinion of her slowly changed through out the book.. When she was with her family is when my opinion completely changed and I kinda love her now. She does a lot for her family... it's all disguised, like she wants everyone to hate her. But she still fixes a lot of things within her family.. things like getting Dagmar a silver dress that brings out her eyes instead of the ugly gray she always wears. Keita insults Dagmar the whole time she's giving her the dress.. but still. It's sweet in a total bitchy way.

Ragnar was still boring to me.. Except in the bedroom.. or on a dirt floor. ;) But other than his sexual skills, he just didn't do anything for me. He was kind of an asshole for the first half of the book. But it all worked out for him because an asshole is kinda exactly what Keita needed for a mate.. or well not really a mate but an exclusive lover. She needed someone who wouldn't do everything she said. So I like them together. It works.

For the first half of the book it was just Keita and Ragnar and a few other lightening dragons traveling... There's a bunch of drama, sure but it just seemed to drag on... It took me 2 days to read the first half of the book. After that though it got really, really good. There was a lot going on behind the scenes, a lot of scheming and a lot of half truths. And as always the dragons were hilarious and so very, very dramatic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment