Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Review: Marked in Flesh

Marked in Flesh Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There will be spoilers. Sorry but I just can't help it!

I love everything about this book. It's hard for me to write a review for this series.. Just because there are so many POVs.

Let's talk about Meg. She is one of the greatest female characters ever. She can not fight and she is very soft spoken. I usually HATE those kinds of characters but Meg is so strong in other ways that it totally overpowers any dislike towards her. In this book she is trying to make a "prophecy deck" using tarot cards and other different kinds of cards. She is doing this to help her and other "sweet bloods" (I like that term waaay better than cassandra sangue) stop cutting and it actually helps out a lot with her. She had difficulty interpreting what the cards mean when she picks them but with help she figures them out. Idk I just think she is completely awesome. She is so innocent.. but then she isn't because of everything that has been done to her and everything she has seen.

In this book we have the Human's First (crap I can't remember if thats the actual name now...?) but a group of Human radicals that want to wipe out all the terra indigene. They put a plan in motion that ends up killing a lot of wolves all over the country. BAD, BAD humans! The terra indigene won't stand for that and neither will The Elders. Those guys are scary for sure. They come in and kill millions of humans... They also like Meg.. It's impossible not to! She freaking howls like a wolf. So I think we will be seeing a lot more of The Elders around the Lakeside courtyard in the next book.

One of the things I love most about this book.. and all the others from the series.. is the way the terra indigene interact with the humans and their protectiveness of Meg. The thing I love the most? Simon and Meg. Duh. Simon is so ignorant of human customs when it comes to relationships that is humorous to watch him try to navigate it an I love that Meg doesn't want him to be more human. She needs both the wolf and the man. Let's all take a minute and remember the last few minutes of the book. Sigh. Are they not the most perfect "couple"?

Obviously there is a theme here. I love Meg and anyone who loves Meg, I also love. It is incredible how Anne Bishop wrote a character that even I as the reader feel protective over. Because I do. Isn't that crazy? Ive never felt that way towards a character but I want to reach out and keep her safe. You are awesome Anne.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment