Friday, April 1, 2016

Review: Blood Vengeance

Blood Vengeance Blood Vengeance by L.E. Wilson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book! If you are looking for a sweet vampire mating, then this is not your book. This book is kind of dark. I will be honest and tell you guys that I didn't read the first book. It wouldn't let me buy it on amazon for some reason? I have no clue but I read this one anyways. Even though it's not the first book.. I really didn't get lost. I am sad that I don't know all of Nikulas and Emma's story but I know how it ended so that will just have to be good enough for me.

In this book we have Luukas (side note: I love how his name is spelled) who has been in captivity for 7 years. He has been stripped of his master vampire powers and has been repeatedly tortured and denied of blood. We find out that Keira is the witch who has made all of this possible. She took his powers and helped the evil vampire Leeha. But Keira didn't want to do any of those things. She was blackmailed into doing them and in the end she tries to help Luukas as much as she can. But when rescue comes Luukas is half crazed and tries to kill her.. but he can't because she is his.

Through out the book Luukas is struggling with a darkness in his mind. He goes back and forth on wether he should kill Keira or not and he does not believe in the fated mate fairytale. He tries everything he can think of to prove that it isn't true. This is the only real issue I have with the book. I know he was struggling with insanity but I hated that he constantly thought about killing her and how once his mind was better he would be done with her.... it just formed a negative opinion for him in my mind. There was one point in the book.. well I really can't tell you with out giving things away but he almost let her die when he could have saved her from all her suffering. I tried really hard to look at things from his perspective but it was hard for me because he didn't start to treat her well until the last chapter of the book.

I am really excited to get into Blood Obsession and see what is going on with Aiden!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment