Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Review: Colin: A Serial Killer Romance

Colin: A Serial Killer Romance Colin: A Serial Killer Romance by Stella Noir
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well... I should have expected this being as the title says "A Serial Killer Romance" but I didn't. I enjoy a darker romance every once in awhile but I like them mixed with really hot dark sex. This book didn't have that. SO I was a little disappointed by that. It was just straight serial killer mixed with a little insta love.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the book. Colin was one of the best written characters I have read in awhile. They did a phenomenal job writing his mind. He had the mind,body, soul of a killer. He thought he was a monster but that he couldn't do any better. His mind was completely broken and it was honestly beautiful. Which I know sounds messed up but it's true and it's hard to explain because I don't usually read these kinds of books. But I believe he was perfect. There wasn't a flaw in his character the whole book. There was always something broken in his mind. Even at the end, when he had the girl, he wasn't instantly healed.

Avery, I absolutely hated. She is what ruined the book for me. I understand that she had to be little bit desperate and she would have to have a few problems to be able to accept a killer for a lover. But she was just unbearable.

I was completely impressed with the writing and the development of Colin's character. I've never read anything by this author and it was given to me by the author through one of my GR friends. But I have to say that I am going to look for some of her other books because I really was impressed with Colins character. I so did not think I would love the serial killer but I did. Not in the I want you to be my husband love, but the your character was so perfectly written that I want to know more about your mind, love.

The book is twisted and also very creepy, but defiantly worth reading!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment