Friday, April 15, 2016

Review: The King

The King The King by J.R. Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*Some spoilers* They are kinda obvious ones but they are still spoilers.

Ahhh.. So I have mixed feelings about this book. I freaking love Wraith and Beth. Like I love them.. but the first half of the book there was very little of them. There was a whole lot of Trez.. who I do enjoy but he has his own book so he doesn't need to be taking up Wraiths book.

I really hate having many, many POVs.. It makes the story seem choppy. At least for me it does. I like having other POVs, but it has been so overdone in the last couple books of this series. I just wanted the A plot with Beth and Wraith that I had a hard time caring about what was going on in the other story lines.. I was pretty much skimming a lot of them actually. Im sure I missed big stuff but what can a girl do? ehh.

The last half of the book was pretty much awesome. There is a plot to overthrow Wraith as the king and I love that it's Beth that figures out a way to make it so that can't happy... They have a human wedding!!!
"I Beth a totally awesome chick, take this meathead Wraith, as my husband"
I freaking loved the wedding. I loved the all the brothers got into it. It made a huge moment even bigger and more special. I can't get enough of the brothers as a whole and when they are all together for moments like this. Each of their personalities stand out and they all fit. I could gush about them forever. This is by far my favorite part of the book...

NOPE I take that back. My favorite part is when Beth comes back from the doctor and tells Wraith she is pregnant with his son. Up until this point Wraith hasn't fully been on board with having a baby. But good god, his reaction was so beautifully proud and excited. Not going to lie, I teared up a little bit. Even though he couldn't see the sonogram, he held it up and made sure everyone else saw it and he was whooping and yelling. It was so freaking precious. This big ass scary warrior jumping for joy over having a son. I can only hope one day my hubby reacts 1/5 of the way Wraith did.

And the ending was pretty much perfect. I have fallen in love with Wraith all over again. He's always been one of my favorites but he's kinda been pushed in the background in the last couple books. Which is just sad because he's such a baddass.. Plus George :) I have a thing for big warrior type men that are all sweet to animals.

So because I loved where everything went with Beth and Wraith.. I can overlook the annoying POV thing. I loved everything about their story.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment