Monday, April 18, 2016

Review: Walk on the Wild Side

Walk on the Wild Side Walk on the Wild Side by Christine Warren
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Nope, this one didn't work for me. I really, really disliked the female lead... fine I HATE her... She finds out that she is half leo, she randomly shifts, so she decides to take a trip to meet her biological father. Her plan is to go there, yell at him, tell him how he is a terrible person for leaving a child alone, know that one day she would shift into a lion.. okay well I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way. My problem is that when she gets there and realized that he is dying, she does none of it. That may make me sound callous but all she does is tell him that he should have contacted her.. and then after he says sorry.. she's like oh okay and calling him pa. I understand it's 100% stupid to hold a grudge against a dying man but you can't go from loathing someone to instantly taking care of that someone.

Okay so meeting her father is done and over and now all she wants to do is learn how to control her shift. Smart plan. After she learns that, she's going to go back home and forget all about the pack and forget about the fact that she's a leo... okaaay. Two days later, she is in love and the mate to Max, the FELIX of the freaking pride. ohh and one that that bothered me so freaking much: She has been attacked a few times during her 2 day stay. Great okay. Then her old half brother attacks her in front of the whole pride and Max. Natural Max attacks her half brother. You know what you would expect of the felix of the pride. but she freaking stops him!!! Excuse me, if you are going to mate with the alpha or felix, you should freaking expect that he is going to have to hurt people. He's a freaking lion for heavens sake. But she stops the felix in front of everyone. That makes him look weak and makes her a horrible whatever the mate of the felix/alpha is.

I wanted to like this book. I think it could have been a pretty cool story, but I just hated the characters. Ive already explain some of my reasonings for Kitty, but I also didn't really like Max. He didn't do anything specific... At least nothing I can think of at the moment but he also didn't stick out either. He wasn't all alpha male and he wasn't really sweet either. He just was.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment