Friday, April 8, 2016

Review: Paper Princess

Paper Princess Paper Princess by Erin Watt
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Really? How in the effing hell is everyone talking about how amazing this book it?? Ugh. I HATE it.

Warning: This is going to be a rant. I should absolutely wait until tomorrow to write this review so I have a chance to cool down but whatever.

Ella was just pathetic. Reed was a douche to her the whole time and she still kept wanting him. Ladies, when a man calls you a whore, calls you trash, says all that and more to his brothers behind your back, sneers at you every time he sees you, makes you walk 2 miles home in the dark, laughs when anyone does anything mean to you, tell you a guy is good when really he knows that he is scum and is actually going to drug you and sleeps with other women, well he's just not that into you.

I am so pissed off by this book. I hate that women are told that if a boy picks on you it's because he secretly likes you. HELL NO. If a man picks (and I mean picks very loosely. Because Reed was a total ass) on you it's because he hates you, you stupid freaking cow. How did Ella fall in love with him? I get that he's hot... okkkaay... but he has NOTHING else.

Later on in the book Reed does some nice things. But my problem is that Ella was obsessed with him way before that. If her feelings had started to change after he started being nice, I might not be this frustrated. I still would have said she was a complete idiot but I would have been able to get over it. I just can not deal with this type of idiotic female. What Reed was doing was freaking abuse and what's worse is that he got his brothers in on it too. But Ella was like ohhh I don't care, my body gets hot whenever he is near. Stupid. Just freaking stupid.

And then there's the other brothers. What the fuck. They are TERRIBLE human beings. Obviously the story focuses on Ella and Reed so we don't get the whole story for the others. Maybe they have good reasons? I don't know. But right now, I hate them. There isn't a single person I like in this book. Except maybe Val and thats maybe because I have a feeling there is something weird going on with her too.

I just can't handle this book. The writing was really good but I can't get over Ella and Reed. I can't. I wanted to like it, but no. The book is about manipulation, cheating, greediness, playing mind games, rich snobs, belittling women, drinking, drugs, girls being petty, and so much more garbage. I guess I am just not into this soap opera drama thing. I want to compare it to the Bourbon Kings.. but that book was decent, not amazing, but decent. But the tone of it is kinda the same. I guess.. maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about.

I am mad that I paid 15 bucks for this book... well the shipping was messed up so they took money off.. I think I actually paid 9. But you get my point.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment