Monday, April 18, 2016

Review: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved this book! I am girl crushing on Vanessa super hard. At the beginning of the book I almost stopped reading it because she just seemed so meek and she was a pushover. But the more I read, the more I realized that I was totally wrong about her. It would make sense that her attitude changed after she quit and she was no longer working for Aiden. But we find out that even while she was working for him... yes she did everything he asked because duh he was her boss. It's not like she could scream at her boss, but she never gave up, no matter how awful he was to her. She still greeted him everyday, she still gave him presents, she was always friendly. Later on that was more of a slap than if she had yelled at him and been a complete bitch. Kill him with kindness and all that.

After they come to an arrangement, she was able to be herself around him. She was snarky, fun, and kind of brilliant. She slowly brought out Aiden from himself. She was persistent and she was naturally a funny, charismatic person. Of course Aiden fell in love with her. I sure as hell did.

I absolutely loved seeing the connection grow between them. It was not fast, hell they never even kissed. But physical touches were slowly added into the emotional connection. It was beautiful. Even if he was a total sourpuss. He was sweet in his own rough way. Freaking loved this book. I would recommend it to everyone. Seriously it works on every level.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment