Monday, April 11, 2016

Review: The Matchmaker's Playbook

The Matchmaker's Playbook The Matchmaker's Playbook by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was freaking hilarious. I LOVED that it was told from Ian's POV. It really is completely different reading a book in a males mind. Plus he said the craziest things.

Like when Gabi got him sick:
"I'm going to bed to sleep it off and hopefully not die. If I wake up a zombie, take at least a few cool pictures before you decapitate me."

Blake also ended up being really funny after she opened up to Ian. Like when she went to help him when he was sick:

"Lex said you were making the final transition into a werewolf and not to freak out if you lashed out and bit me."

I love funny books. I love funny characters and this book is full of funny characters. All of them are seriously hilarious. Gabi, Lex, Ian and eventually Blake is funny. I feel like I have said funny 12325435 times but I can't get over it. When I first started the book I was a little worried because Ian came off as kind of an asshat. But I soon got over that when I couldn't stop laughing. I also didn't fully get what his job was. When I read the blurb, I really didn't know what to think but what he does isn't all that bad. So again, I got over it. He fell for Blake pretty hard and almost right away felt the connection. I think I might have hated the book if he didn't like her until after she started dressing better.

Gabi and Lex seemed to have the whole hate but want to fuck you thing going on. They constantly described ways to kill and hurt each other but when Gabi was sick, where was Lex? Right by her side... granted he was bitching and threw medicine at her instead of handing it to her. So I can not wait for their book. I think Im going to enjoy it so much more.. just because I won't have to wait for Gabi to come into herself. She's already a firecracker.... And I want to see how Blake and Ian are doing. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment